You will need to make Taiwanese minced pork to bring this recipe together.
- 8 oz (½ batch) Taiwanese minced pork
- Cooked 12 oz (2 cans) of Taiwanese hua gua pickled cucumbers
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Finely chop the pickles into approximately 1 cm pieces. Reserve the pickling liquid and set aside. Combine the cooked Taiwanese minced pork and pickles in a pot.
- Add a quarter cup of the pickling liquid and three quarters of a cup of water to the pot, and bring to a boil. Both the pork and pickles are cooked, so we are just to bring the ingredients up to temperature and letting the flavors meld.
- While this is going on, prepare a cornstarch slurry by mixing cornstarch with cold water in a separate container until there are no lumps of cornstarch. After a couple of minutes at the boil, pour the slurry into the pot, stirring immediately.
- Keep the pot at the boil for another couple of minutes, until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy. Mix in the chopped scallions and remove from heat. Serve this dish over rice, being sure to let the rice absorb plenty of the sauce.